Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Early 3/27 Week

Notice that my Braves are wearing black caps this spring training, instead of the navy ones they've worn the past few years. The spring training jerseys are still navy, reminding me of how the Cleveland Indians caps and jerseys don't match in the same way.

On Wednesday April 12th the Braves are wearing 1966 unis (jerseys, at least), and are correctly wearing 40th anniversery patches this year, since this is thier 41st season in Atlanta. Each month they're celebrating a different decade, so perhaps there will be more throwback jersey days.

Yesterday I left at 4 pm for Matthew’s 5 pm game. Both teams showed, but there was a scheduling conflict, the umps didn’t show, and the ‘officials’ deemed everyone would have to come back today, to play at the regularly scheduled time. Matthew’s team won the practice game 20-16, scoring 5 runs in each inning. He got 2 hits, including one over the 3rd baseman’s head, into left field. He caught an inning, an now catcher is an important, run-saving / runner stopping position, and ran down the one ball that was thrown home.

So I have to leave early again today. My trip to the golf tourney isn’t looking good.

I couldn’t get on line last night, but Will swears he received some emails today.

Looks like my Chicago trips are being put off until the fall. At least this opens up June for the Boston trip. The Boston trip seems to be turning in to work and pleasure. May as well combine them, since Ceil is stuck on Boston. Then I’ll have an extra flight, and will perhaps make a quick SF trip with Ceil or Will.

I probably wouldn’t go to the extent of the guy who took his home school family with him, and it ended up saving him money…but I’m almost that “sick”.

My boss is all in favor of having his employees combine business and pleasure. Twice we visited Ceil’s relatives in Indiana and got to write off part of the mileage. Once I met with people in Chicago, another time I attended a conference in Detroit (the Tigers were out of town, but we saw a game at both Wrigley and old Comminsky). And work in Charlotte and Columbia has paid for several SC trips. In 2004 I even visited our Charleston plant during our MB trip.

I'm working on my co-workers monthly incentive…with the guy in Chicago who needs to approve my promotion/raise.

Reitsma tweaked his hamstring!? When will they do the deal? JS seems to often make a deal right here at the end of camp.

No comments: