Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Update

Joel went home on Saturday…Becky called on their way home. It must’ve been dehydration…he was getting better Thursday night. With only one MIR machine working, late Friday he still hadn’t had one. The Davis’s, who run the Living Science school, drove up to Toccoa to fetch Willis Friday afternoon. That night Will rode up to the hospital with Kara and Abby. UPDATE: No basketball until he returns to the cardiologist.

I think I remember that time Edith got dehydrated.

We went over to some friends Friday night to celebrate a birthday. Always inquisitive, my friend Lee had lots of questions about the Thursday night Braves game he’d attended, and I was happy to oblige. Saturday morning I took Matthew to the East Cobber parade, which he loved…the dogs, etc. Saw many people we knew. John Oxindine was there, walking alongside a Fair Tax float. Lee had plenty of questions for the policeman stationed next to us, so we learned a lot about that. The policeman even opened up his trunk to show us all his SWAT gear. One vest was very heavy…I could hardly hold it.

Ceil was into the Ryder Cup, so we watched a lot of that both days. I got to occasionally flip to the Tech game, and Will watched a lot of the Clemson game on the internet. We grabbed dinner at El Porton, then watched the UGA game. Sunday after church and Harry’s I helped Matthew with homework, before taking all the kids to see Get Smart. It was pretty good, though it would’ve been just as good had they left out some of the lowbrow humor.

Last night I watched a good deal of the Yankees pregame, as I am a sucker for that. Never knew the fans call out to the NYY starters during the first inning of every game. I enjoyed the ESPN split screen showing each player respond.

No comments: