Friday, August 07, 2009

Update

Our three kids keep us busy, between school stuff, baseball (the 16 year-old), and ballet (13 year-old)…along with our mischievous 10 year-old artist. That and work…the hours have been longer this last year and a half, though the pay has been less! On Facebook, under the “notes” are some family updates/Christmas letters that tell more about our family. There’s also a link to my “sacrifice fly” blog, which is mostly just day-to-day emails like this one.

My parents are hanging in there, still at the same house. My dad has had a few recent health issues. I’m the worlds worst about visiting Macon. When I do I’m usually working in his yard…that’s what I did on Father’s Day. My sister has pretty much moved from Bonaire to Lake Sinclair, but she still spends a lot of time in Macon.

Got on Facebook last year to see pictures from last fall’s high school reunion, and stayed on it to see what was up with my now 16 year-old. Along the way I acquired a bunch of old friends. I haven’t seen Don in over 10 years, I think. He hasn’t seemed to have changed much! His wife Donna is real funny and sweet. We both knew her from her North Georgia College days.

Cindy Connor married a real good friend of Don and mine over 25 years ago…though I told him beforehand it would never work! They live near Decatur, I guess. My wife saw her last year, and we’re friends on Facebook. It only looks like I spend lots of time on the internet!

I work in Norcross and we live just west of Roswell…40 miles from where Don lives in Flowery Branch. Don’t know where he works.

No comments: