Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Friday on the Farm

 
Photos from Friday night's Gwinnett Braves game against the Charlotte Knights at CoolRay Field.
Didn't take long to spot a familiar face: Norman, a.k.a Chocolate Papa. Later we chatted in the Ron Gant autograph line. I'm usually not one to stand in line for autographs but the whole reason I was at the game was to collect Ron Gant cards for bobblehead friend Kevin Martin.
The former Braves outfielder/second-baseman/third-baseman was quite cordial, speaking at length with every fan that approached.
Since I am a middle-aged suburban white male I didn't want to run afoul of the sneaker police, so I dutifully wore my white leather Pumas.
This was my first game at CoolRay since the rightfield condos were completed. Adds an almost Wrigley-like feel to the park. Looks like a nice place to live. Not sure if there's room, but they ought to build more condos in leftfield to make the setting even better. But I'm sure the GBraves want passersby on busy Highway 20 to know there's a game in progress.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been looking for one of those Ron Gant giveaway cards. Do you have any extras you be willing to sell?

Unknown said...

If you have an extra one of those Ron Gant cards that you'd be willing to sell, please email me james.watson@bostik-us.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.