Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Story of Me

Had to type up some stuff for an assignment, so I thought hey, blog content! Tried to answer the questions quickly.
 
What have been some of the key milestones in my life? How did these moments impact me?
 
1. Childhood in Macon GA. I was a typical middle child.
Over the years I really haven’t changed that much.
I’m happy playing alone,  with family, or friends.
2. Moving to Atlanta for college (Georgia Tech). Great to be out on my own.
3. Flunking out then graduating from Tech.
Made me realize that if I worked hard I could accomplish great things.  
4. Buying my grandfather’s house. Made me feel like a grownup.
5. Getting married. Changed my life. Not easy, but worth the effort.  
6. Having our three children. They’re born and before you know it, they’re grown up and moving on.
We had a great time bringing them up, but it went so fast.
7. My son’s wedding. A wonderful family time, a great memory.
 
The five words or phrases that best describe my personality. Introvert. Jokes. Quiet. Detail-oriented. Content. Day-dreamer.
 
What accomplishments am I most proud of? What makes them meaningful to me?
 
1. Husband and father. Everything else pales in comparison.
2. Successful career. 31 years with the same company, a go-to problem solver. Fits my capabilities and aptitudes.
3. Olympic torchbearer – three times. Something not everyone has done. An amazing experience.
4. Peachtree Road Race – 31 times. Great experiences. Few have done it so many times.
5. High School senior superlative. Nice to be recognized by my peers.
6. Football state championship. Hard work paid off with accomplishment.
 
What kinds of things enable me to thrive…to live and be my best?
1. Organization helps me thrive. When things are messy I tend to shut down, or move away from what needs to be done.
2. Time to wind down from work, in the car on the drive home.
3. A sense of order, as opposed to chaos.   
 
What things in live are frustrating or stressful? Being late for an appointment. People not telling the truth. Fake news. I’m a lot like Sheldon Cooper. When cars cut in line. Traffic. Car salesmen. You say you want one car at one price and they offer three other cars at higher prices.
 
What phrase would best capture your mantra or philosophy of life? Do nothing from selfish ambition or empty conceit, but with humility of mind count others as more important than yourselves. Do not look out merely for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this mind in you which was also in Jesus Christ. Philippians 2:3-5.

No comments: