Saturday, February 15, 2020

Obscure Jersey: 1982

 
Cool jersey: 1982 home #37 Rick Camp. One of the few Atlanta Braves jerseys I don’t own. Camp hit the epic July 4th home run in extra innings against the Mets. Anyone could get an 82 Murphy or Niekro or even Horner, but Camp is a folk hero. Or #27 Pascual Perez. #20 Bruce Benedict. #17 Glenn Hubbard. #9 Joe Torre.  
 
That virus worries me. Haven’t read a bunch but it sounds scary. Lady next to me who goes on cruises and tracks Delta flights – her parents Far East cruise got cut short due to the virus. They’re flying into tonight from Singapore. Plus Atlanta is going to be a quarantine center. Some say the virus was developed as a weapon and either got out accidentally or on purpose, against Christians or Muslims. This is getting too close for comfort. But God is in control. 
 
Ceil is busy. Now working four days a week. Ministry on Tuesday night. Goes to Sunday School meetings. Our class is starting a new ministry at a local apartment complex loaded with international families and children, and she’s been over there for that. She joined the Y but until I started going only went once a week. She did decide to not join a small group. Ceil’s schools are off next week. Not sure if she’s going to SC.  
 
Rumor: there may be some early planning going on for a Chapel Choir reunion. You didn’t hear it from me. I would do a sanctuary choir reunion as well.
 
Thursday: left work at 530 after a big order came in at 505. To the gym. Lifted weights for an hour. C was at a friend’s house. Fixed quesadillas. Watched New Amsterdam, Chicago Med, and Last Man Standing.
 
Decided on a backpack. Everything I have is black, which is sometimes hard to see. Backpack will be navy and grey, one of my favorite color combinations. Unless I cave and order black. I’m getting cold feet on the colorful sneakers. I have plenty of black sneakers and a few white sneakers. Also red. These I’m thinking about are red white and blue.
 
Looks like I will only run one day this week. Don’t think I need to be running every day right now. Still get sore from the running but not too bad. I think right now the lifting weights is doing my body just as good if not better than the running.
 
Friday: lunch meeting catered by Jason’s Deli. Sandwiches, salad, pasta salad, pickles, chips, cookies, birthday cake. I skipped the pasta and chips. Also CFA biscuits for breakfast. La Fonda and Jenis Ice Cream. I figured Taqueria will be too busy.
 
Saturday: small group, housework, laundry, Dekalb Farmers Market, and the movie The Engagement Clause, aka Married By Christmas.



No comments: