Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Diet Busters

Diet-busting dishes in and around Atlanta:
 
1. The Duke's Brexit Burger 4685 Ashford Dunwoody Road in Dunwoody, north of Perimeter Mall across from PF Chang. https://www.thedukepub.com/
 
2. The Vortex's Quadruple Coronary Bypass Burger (above). Bun is two grilled cheese sandwiches. Served on a bed of tater tots. Comes with two 64 ounce soft drinks. Finish in 30 minutes and it's free. They offer smaller versions as well.
 
3. Café Intermezzo's Oreo Cheesecake.
 
4. Superica's Queso Fundido.
 
5. Pit Boss BBQ (Hapeville) Royal Flush baked potato, topped with pulled pork, bacon bits, cheese, etc. Call ahead to special order.
 
6. Andy's Frozen Custard (3670 Old Milton Parkway Alpharetta): raspberry concrete: a base of vanilla or chocolate custard mixed with fruit, marshmallow cream, chocolate fudge, or even whole pie slices. https://www.eatandys.com/
 
7. The Sugar Factory (Midtown): King Kong sundae – 24 scoops of ice cream topped with all kind of sweets.
 
8. The Little Farmhouse Café's Pancake. 3781 Presidential Parkway Suite FP-309 near Spaghetti Junction https://littlefarmhousecafe.com/
 
9. Sweetwater Brewery Taproom's boozy Milkshake Specials, like the one made with CoCo Hills Imperial Stout, caramel ice cream, chocolate cake, and chocolate and caramel sauce.    
 
10 Double Eagle Steakhouse (Dunwoody): long bone with truffle butter.
 
11. Cabernet Steakhouse (Alpharetta): fried lobster tails
 
Monday: C took a class at the gym from 530-630, but I left work a little late and was just arriving when she was leaving. Young teen on the treadmill next to me had her wireless earphone pop out of her ear. It bounced across and landed on the treadmill facing us, which was being used. I watched the earbud travel down the treadmill then fall off the back. The girl didn't realize it had gone so far until I told her.
 
My wireless earphones don't stay in, so I've switched back to the ones with wires. Hard to concentrate on my book on the treadmill, but I'll keep trying. Finished my Michael Crichton book. Listening to a Brooke Shields autobiography in the car and CS Lewis' Voyage of the Dawn Treader in the gym.
 
Ran / walked my four miles in a good time. Saw Reid's wife Noelle and another guy from Johnson Ferry. Got home after 730. C had cooked chicken and rice and salad. I made one quesadilla. The Neighborhood was a rerun. Watched the start of The Voice then C's Hallmark Channel show When Calls the Heart. I played on my laptop and packaged an eBay shipment.
 
I am liking my new backpack. Holds everything I had in my old briefcase and also my workout clothes (including running shoes), so I don't have to carry my duffle bag any more.
 
Stopped by the post office this morning, and swung by Taco Bell as well. Talk about diet busters.
 
EARLY WYNN  [SABR Bio] is the only right-handed pitcher to retire with exactly 300 victories – 300th win = 13-July-1963, the last game of his career.  With the evolution of the game (particularly the change away from a maximum of three days' rest between starts for pitchers), Wynn said he fully expected to be the very last of baseball's 300-game winners. In the 1980s alone, five pitchers matched a significant milestone of his that he thought would never again be attained...Gaylord Perry (06‑May‑1982), Steve Carlton (23‑Sep‑1983), Tom Seaver (04-Aug-1985), Phil Niekro (06-Oct-1985) and Don Sutton (18-June-1986) join him in this exclusive club. A fellow Cy Young Award winner claimed he could predict every one of our guy's myriad of pitches simply by focusing on his nose. Bob Turley's powers of observation were legendary. Turley (1958) and Wynn (1959) won their only CYAs in back-to-back seasons.
 

No comments: