Saturday, June 27, 2020

I'll Tumble 4 Ya

Last time we spent a week at North Myrtle Beach (several years ago), every morning I would walk with Ceil's cousin Phil and Big L Train Larry. One of those days I tried to jump over some water and fell.

Haven't seen Larry too much since then. He and wife Susan live within sight of Ceil's mom's house. This afternoon I was taking Barney out, and saw Larry out in his yard. Barney and I walked over to say hello. Just as we got to his house I turned my ankle on a piece of uneven concrete, and fell straight down onto the pavement. Didn't help that my sneakers were a little loose. Scraped both hands on the rough pavement. Both wrists and ankles are sore. Just missed slamming my mouth and nose - I do have a small cut on the inside of my mouth. Ouch! Gonna be sore in the morning.

Was good to visit with Larry though. Even if I do take a tumble every time I see him.

After work yesterday Phil drove to Columbia and spent the night at his son Zane's house. They left out at 3 am this morning and drove to West Virginia to pick up a truck, then drive back. Would've been a fun adventure to ride with them, but C had other plans for me.

This morning I drove north to Monroe NC. Couple of years ago I'd gotten a watch battery put in at this small independent out of the way jeweler. I was able to remember where it was, and got another battery replaced. Also Taco Bell, Dollar Tree, QuikTrip for air in the tires, two thrift stores, the grocery, and BP for gas.
Saw this sign yesterday on the couches at the doctor's office. Had to look close to read what they said. On the way back from Columbia we stopped by Chick-fil-A in Camden, then stopped by a new dairy just east of Jefferson. Got to pet a couple of cows. Ceil got us homemade soft serve ice cream cones.

Sneaker # 38: my all-white H&M sneakers. Had I been wearing these this afternoon I probably wouldn't have fallen.


No comments: