Tuesday, November 08, 2005

vacation

May have told you about my co-worker Jeff, who just got the golf bug this year. He’s young and single, so he has the time and money to jump in with both feet. He spent long hours at the Tour Championship this weekend, and got autographs from David Toms, Jim Furyk, Paidrick Harrington, Kenny Perry, and Tim Herron. Jeff’s girlfriend asked Elin Woods for her autograph, but was turned down.

Speaking of vacation, I was thinking I had 20 days this year, but I really only have 17 or 18. I burned several a few weeks ago, because I thought I plenty. My boss doesn’t care that much, and nobody really keeps track closely. But I won’t be goofing off much in December! I do need to take off Dec 27th, just because it’ll be a huge hassle to pack and come back from SC the day after Christmas.

We’ve been doing the ‘defining moments’ DVD series, and it’s spawning some half decent discussion. And though everyone just watches TV for 15 minutes, you don’t get too bogged down by a book. But as we’ve discovered, not all small groups are great/committed…I wonder if this is an issue being discussed by the church big-wigs?

No comments: