Monday, November 14, 2005

Wendy's Cokes

I went three for three this weekend and have momentum going…my count is 18 cups so far. A and M went with me Saturday evening, and all three went Sunday evening after we saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (weird). I’m going to be the type to want to drink all the diet cokes. Friday I got my first five and drank them throughout the day on Saturday…we’ll see how it goes. I had stopped getting ice in cokes earlier this year.

My Friday stop was on the other side of 400 on Holcomb Bridge. An employee said one guy bought 100 cups…said his boss said it was ok to sell them all at once. One thing that worries me is it says…through Dec 31st, or while supplies last.

Never much of a drinker of alcoholic beverage drinker, mainly because I’ve never acquired the taste, except for daiquiris and the like. My vices have always been eating too much, TV, and diet coke. Earlier this year I went on a big diet, as I weighed more than I ever had in my life. Weaned myself from cokes, opting for more water. The diet went great, but I’ve slacked off. Don’t mind drinking all the diet cokes, though. Trying to figure out ways to get my co-workers helping me…perhaps I can bring their cokes in the morning, so they won’t have to stop.

Small group went well, except we had a tiny group…2-1/2 couples. We did ok. The kids put on a thanksgiving play at the end.

Friday night when we got back I started painting some of the playhouse stuff that we built last time, and I stayed up until 2:15 am. But the playhouse guy’s elderly mother had to go into the hospital, so all we did Saturday was go to home depot for some bolts and stuff. So we’re on for next Saturday. Supposedly the parts of the playhouse are ready to be assembled, so instead of working on it for a few hours on Sunday afternoon like we have been doing, the fellow is coming over next Saturday to make a day of it. That’ll give us Sunday in case we don’t finish. I’ve primed everything (with Anna’s help)…even surfaces that will be covered up by finished pieces, to help withstand molding, etc. It’s dragging out, but it’s not bad yet.

So Saturday am I cleaned upstairs, and got sneezing from the dust, as usual. Slacked off in the afternoon and saw parts of Clemson/FSU, GT/UVA, and UGA/Auburn. Ceil and Anna ran around Sat looking for clothes…I got onto to them for going to Chickfila. Sunday they watched SpaceJam again while I cleaned more upstairs and napped.

Last summer’s NYC and Chicago trips were so much fun, and when the 06 baseball schedules came out, I thought a little about where it would be fun to go. Perhaps I’ll get the in-laws and my parents involved.

Lang’s family always went on family cruises back in the late 70s when they were little.

Houston is also in some sort of regular preschool at least one day a week, at Johnson Ferry, I think. Brian is down in Orlando right now, and Susan is taking the kids down to join them for the weekend.

No comments: