Friday, April 07, 2006

Braves Ups & Downs

Listened yesterday as Sosa give up the six on the way home. When I got there I didn’t feel like watching the rest. That Ray fellow that struck out Bonds…Will also got his autograph on that ball. I had barely heard of him. He had pitched in the bigs before, and had been recovering from arm surgery, right? LaRoche looked awful. Jordan fell down a few times in the game Saturday, and couldn’t make the play in time on the line drive over his head in the 6-run inning (I never saw the play). Perhaps the case will build quickly for Jurries. Wednesday I stuck with the Braves until after they got the 8 – 3 lead. Am I the only one who thinks Betimit can hit? Hopefully Horacio and Chipper aren't hurt too bad…not a good way to start the season. Took a survey at the Braves game last Saturday. Today a guy called from the Braves, thanking me and wanting to know how I got my tickets. No hard sell, actually no sell at all (I told him I usually got tickets at the gate, since I decide which games to go to at the last minute…which is mostly true). Supposedly a friend of the Whitakers works for the Braves, and will be at the wedding Saturday. Reid said he would introduce me. Finally posted to my Fox blog for the first time in a while, just copying earlier emails. With this laptop I might get some original stuff written, but don't get your hopes up. It wasn’t a big deal back when Chipper was going to play LF as a rookie, that was where there was an opening. He hurt his knee tripping over first, and Klesko was moved from 1B to the open spot in LF (among others). Didn’t Chipper agree without protest to move to LF if/when Vinnie was signed? He made a nice play to end the opener. As we have discussed, it seems like his fielding has been better since his return to third. This year he seems to be hitting more for average, going the other way, etc. Someone (the AJC?) predicted he would lead the NL in RBIs. Get a Braves merchandise catalog in the mail, like I did? Frenchy and his roommate are on the cover. Matthew will be all over that, but Will took it first. TV: Had the Masters on last night. Wish I had watched LOST from the beginning. I feel like I’m up on 24 even though I missed the first few years, which I’m thinking about watching sometime, though I usually go for less violent fare. But we hardly ever watch TV, remember? A fellow at work likes the Howie Mandell game show, but I hardly have time for what I want to watch. West Wing is winding up…they’re electing either Alda or Smits, and the election will probably carry over for a week or two. I’d like to watch Geena Davis’ Commander in Chief, but I always seem to miss it. I’m over Survivor, and keep missing the Big Break. We all went to see Nanny McPhee last night. Not as painful as I had imagined. Nanny McPhee was that weird children’s movie, played by Emma Thompson, also starring Colin Firth. She adapted it from some children’s books…perhaps British. In the ads she was made up with warts and a huge nose. I want to try that new Tab energy drink.

No comments: