Friday, April 21, 2006

Outfield Assist!

Matthew threw out a runner from right field last night!
The batter grounded the ball into right field. Matthew fielded the ball cleanly and made a strong throw to the shortstop, all the way in the air. The ball beat the runner by several steps, and the shortstop made the easy tag.

He will be one of the few players with multiple gold stars on his shirt, earned by getting a hit and a putout/assist in the same game. Last night he did both in the first inning, before the game was suspended for lightning.

His hit drove in a run. He hit a ball the pitcher and first baseman went after, and he beat them to the bag. He ran to second on the throw home.

A few minutes earlier Will didn’t make solid contact, but still drove the ball…off the handle…all the way to the centerfielder, on a line. He pitched a scoreless second inning, not allowing any hard hit balls.

Other Stuff...
...Buck and Kincaid were great talking about the ESPN media bias…don’t know if you heard them. At some point I’ll write it down. I certainly envy the life Lang leads. His wife does look forward at when they have kids, and would like to be out of NYC by then.
...Can’t post to my Fox blog…may have to fire up my old desktop to see if I can log out from there or something.
...I was looking at the program from Claire’s wedding this morning, and just noticed that the cross was drawn by hand. All along I had thought it had been professionally done!
...Also just found out that Aaron Baddelely had led a sunrise service Sunday on the 18th green at Harbor Town, before going out and winning the tourney that afternoon. I didn’t know.
...In addition to all the stuff I knew I had to do before leaving next week, my boss is concerned about our large new account, and I’m having to review the work of the rest of the department…while the office manager is out on sick leave…AND another department has me helping them with a physical inventory.
...Sunday Miss Manners had an interesting article about blogging. I looked for it on the web, and this was the first place I found it…http://gawdessness.blogspot.com/2006/04/miss-manners-talks-about-blogging.html Here is a 2004 Miss Manners piece about blogging that I came across while searching for the other one.… http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58379-2004Jul17.html
...Hail was on the way over from Alabama. A co-worker got rear-ended on 20 on the way back.
...Several years ago this nice friend of Ceil’s (much less harmful that even me!) forwarded an email about Target. I sent her back a link to the about.com urban myths site, that said the claim was false. We didn’t get many more emails from her after that.

No comments: