Sunday, December 23, 2007

Late Night Action in the Hood

Wednesday night at 2:15 am Ceil and I were awakened to a loud boom. I looked out the window and saw a car slowly going up the street toward the cul-de-sac, already several houses past ours. At the end of the street another car was pointed in our direction. When I returned from the bathroom I saw a new white Civic driving out the other way, going pretty slow.

This morning when I left home I saw that a car had run over the fire hydrant across the street from us. Luckily the hydrant hadn’t erupted. The car had then run over the large bush next to the hydrant. Playing detective, I turned around and drove the cul-de-sac. The car had leaked fluid (and tracked some dirt) up the street…and into the driveway where these twins in their early twenties live.

They had moved their dad’s pickup out on the street, and parked their mom’s SUV behind their wrecked car in the driveway. This morning Ceil called to say the police were visiting their house. Anna said they led someone away in cuffs. Ceil didn’t call the police, but Anna said they led someone off in handcuffs. She likes mysteries and wants to be a detective, and spends a lot of time looking out the upstairs windows.

No comments: