Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pats Come Back to Beat Ravens

It was a great game. Saw bits and pieces, but when NE was down by 4 with time running out I saw the scoring drive. Brady was so calm, even on the two 4th down plays. He kept the Pats calm. When the Ravens called that late timeout Ray Lewis just took a knee to rest, while the rest of the D was falling down and yelling at the bench. As the announcers said, they were falling apart. It continued as NE scored…Baltimore kept racking up the penalties.

Like the Falcons, you can tell the difference between a winning and losing team…though I think Petrino is doing better at changing the losing culture than Mora did.

After the PAT I changed the channel during the commercial, and missed the excitement at the end…but my co-worker told me about that.

Interesting Don Shula was there…were they honoring him for his time in Baltimore? My old boss is a lifetime Dolphins fan, and from him I know that Shula and the 72 Dolphins really want to remain the only unbeaten team. The Pats still have to play the Steelers, Dolphins, and Giants. NE isn’t playing as good as they were, so it’ll be an interesting December. I like both them and the Colts. Amazing that Peyton recently passed Unitas and Montana on the all-time passing list.

Well, Herschel was named the fourth best all-time college football player…not too bad. Barry Sanders will be in the top three, and perhaps Tommy Frazier, who won two national championships.

No comments: