Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Us Against The World?

This AM Chris Rude was talking Olympics, how it used to be us Americans had natural rivals, like the Soviet Union, etc. Now things are more peaceful, and there’s not somebody to dislike. But now it seems like so much of the world is anti-American, that maybe now it’s back to the USA against the world. With China, it could be an interesting 17 days.

Last Friday I did buy a Roots 2004 Athens Olympics T-shirt. Will stole it, but I’m stealing it back. It’s navy, but I’ll probably wear it in next year’s Peachtree.

This week we’re not hearing any complaints about Skip. Seems like everyone at the AJC has written about him, except Terrance. Mark Airum was mentioned on Uni-Watch the other day, I forget why. Also Boog and Joe, who noticed the Cards shirts and pants were a different shade of grey. I’m not that crazy about the new Tech Unis. The white shoestrings with black shoes are a nice touch.

I was thinking my blog has certainly suffered since I got so busy. It is definitely a priority over Facebook. I asked slugging catcher Andrew why his dad recently joined Facebook, and he didn’t know. I smiled, wondering if he joined for reasons similar to me. Andrew always rides shotgun when he rides with me, relegating Will to the backseat…maybe mostly to be in charge of the radio.

No comments: