Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brooks Conrad: What a Name

I knew the outcome of the Wednesday afternoon game, but watched most of it anyway.

Lang said Brooks Conrad has done more this year than Lemke and Lockhart did in their careers. I replied that Conrad might even be better on the radio, too. Seems like he or Infante would do just fine playing third. The Tuesday rally was extra exciting, after all the errors in the previous inning.

Nobody was saying Chipper’s injury may be a career-ender, before the ACL was announced. They did hear something pop. I think what’s most important to Chipper is his career .300 average, highest ever for a switch-hitter. He doesn’t want to play too long, and have his career average drop below .300. So if he’s out for the year, this could be it.

Will played golf yesterday with friends Kevin and Kara, at Kevin’s country club. He said he drove the ball well. Kara had never played before, but is an athlete.

The Gwinnett Mall Fuddruckers went out of business, but Wednesday I talked the Ogre into driving over to North Point Mall, to the Fuddruckers there. He joked about the long drive, but seemed to enjoy it. Said he might go back to lunch with his son, who works nearby. We were gone for over an hour and a half. Good to know that the same things that bother me also bother him.

When I’m with my boss, it hardly bothers me a bit to take a long lunch. Otherwise, it only bothers me a tiny bit to take a long lunch. It really doesn’t matter, since I’m not paid by the hour. Besides, most of the time I come in early and stay late. Usually I only take a 15-30 minute lunch, at my desk. Some people take long lunches every day.


No comments: