Friday, May 03, 2013

Diet Part 2

It's those salad dressing packets that have all the calories and fat. I'm having trouble with the diet. Wednesday C was going to IKEA and M wanted hot dogs from there. Then C called and said she wouldn't go to IKEA, but just Publix. Mentioned that we could have hot dogs for dinner. I didn't want to change her plans, so I agreed. Then she was gone forever, so M popped a Tombstone pizza in the oven. I watched "Captain America" on Netflix…very good. Then C returned. She had gone to IKEA and brought hot dogs for M and me, and something healthy for her.

Thursday night she cooked chicken stir fry…very good and on the diet. Watched the Braves and paid bills, and made a late night drive to the bank. On the way I realized that if I set up mobile banking on my phone that I could make these deposits from home. I really don't want my banking to be too easy…it could lead to spending more money.

More bad news: Friday they brought in Mellow Mushroom pizza for lunch.

More diet news: I'm trying to eat more blueberries and more yogurt this year, as part of the healthy diet thing. I'll eat other flavors if I find them on sale. Lately I've made it a little game to always look for yogurt with the sale stickers. Sometimes I can go for weeks eating only sale yogurt. On the way to work Thursday I had to stop by Kroger, and I found twenty-five yogurt cups on sale. Since it was 6:30 am the only open register was the self-checkout, so I had to scan them all myself. Then I had to take all the yogurt inside and put it in the fridge in the break room. Took some home last night, and I'll take more home today.

Also trying to not drink soft drinks. In past years almost all I would drink would be Diet Coke. In 2012 I greatly reduced my consumption, and this year I have almost completely cut it out. I never buy soft drinks at the grocery any more. Sometimes I get zero-calorie PowerAde Ion, but even that is rare. Sometimes when I'm eating out I'll order a Coke Zero, especially if I'm eating Mexican. If the restaurant has one of those Coke machines that gives you hundreds of flavor options I will get the PowerAde Ion or diet cherry lemonade. When it comes to soft drinks, I'd actually rather drink anything other than Diet Coke: either Coke Zero, diet Mountain Dew, Sprite Zero, cherry Coke Zero, diet Dr Pepper, or my new favorite: diet cherry 7-Up. But I'm drinking water most of the time.

Tonight Anna had a school presentation to make. She said it would be boring, but actually it was quite entertaining. Sunday Moes has a special for Cinco de Mayo, so we may go there after church.

Saw where the British actress in Captain America played the role of Aliana in the 8-part British miniseries of Pillars of the Earth. I'm thinking about buying the DVD off Amazon this weekend. Netflix has the World Without End miniseries, that I also want to watch.

No comments: