Saturday, June 15, 2013

Burning the Candle

Killer week at work: ten hours Monday and Tuesday, 13 hours Wednesday and Thursday (until 9 pm), and another ten hours on Friday. Most days were spent putting out fires and handling emergencies, then after 5 pm I finally got to do my normal job. But I did so much that perhaps there won't be too much to do for the next few weeks.

Thursday night I ran by Target and worked on an on-line focus group, so I didn't get to bed until 1 am. Got up at six on Friday, got to work at seven, and worked straight through to five. After taking some pictures at Publix, Ceil didn't pick me up at work until quarter til eight. Picked up Chickfila for supper. Traffic was bumper to bumber all the way to Clemson. There I bought gas for $3.089. Didn't get to Jefferson until 1 am. Stayed up until 3 am working on the focus group.

Matthew and Ceil aren't feeling too good. Saturday morning I spent several hours packing the cars. Ate lunch in Hartville at Wendys with Rusty & Kelly and Phil & Teresa. Unpacked the cars in four trips, thanks to the hotel-type luggage cart. Ceil and Anna went clothes shopping with Ceil's mother's credit card. Ceil's dad and Matthew went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. I watched the US Open and the Braves come from behind win over the Giants. Also read a good chunk of The Third Bullet. Almost finished. Ceil's dad cooked spagetti with some good meat sauce for supper.

No comments: