Monday, June 03, 2013

Weekend Shopping

Busy work week last week. So busy I didn't have time to write much. Might've been why I was so drained this weekend.

Will let us know on Friday that there was an opening for Matthew at Camp Highland this week, so we spend the weekend getting ready for his departure this morning. As usual, I helped out by catching up with the laundry.

Matthew decided he wanted to get a skateboard he had seen at a store earlier in the week. We went looking for it Friday night, but of course it was gone. We drove over to Roswell and checked two other stores. Didn't find a skateboard, but he got a nice soccer jersey and I found a Rafael Furcal bobblehead.

Got home and Matthew looked on Craig's List for a skateboard. Then I sat down at the computer. For fun I searched for shoes, and found a new pair of red shoes I'd been wanting. The buyer made it a quick, easy sell. Woke up Saturday and drove down to the Plaza Theater in Virginia Highlands to meet him. The shoes fit perfectly. Since I was Virginia Highlands Monday morning I considered playing nine holes of golf at Chandler Park. My back is much better, but still not quite 100%, so I didn't want to chance it.

On the way home I stopped by five other stores looking for a skateboard. Found a cheap one to fill the bill, as well as a pair of Crocs flip flops to wear on the beach. My old beach shoes were over ten years old. Also got some half lemonade/half tea drink mix.

Back home I started in on the laundry. Watched the Memorial Tournament and then the Braves extra-inning victory over the Nationals. Glad that the Yankees/Red Sox drew McCarver and Joe Buck – I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Tom Verducci and Dick Stockton. Ceil cooked burritos for lunch and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

Sunday morning I cleaned upstairs and did more laundry. Finally got to read more of my book. Watched the Braves, ran to Kroger, and got gas in the van. Ceil cooked burgers Sunday night after church. Then I paid bills and caught up on other paperwork. Sounds like I did a lot this weekend, but I really didn't. Only got about 25% of what I should've gotten done.

No comments: