Thursday, March 05, 2015

Double Loaded Omelet Biscuit

I love that Hardees double loaded omelet biscuit, but its size and quality vary greatly from Hardees to Hardees. The real life version does look better than the above picture. Some the cheese isn’t melted in and some are bigger or smaller. Its listed as one of the least healthy fast food breakfasts around. With the wedding nine months off I have to swear off biscuits. Very few Hardees around. Yet the few Hardees there are surround where I usually drive: Holcomb Bridge, downtown Alpharetta, the South 120 Loop at I-75, and Delk Road at I-75.

Glad to get last week behind me. Then Friday was month end so it was another long full day. Friday night I picked up hot dogs and French fries from Kroger on the way home. Also stopped by two thrift stores. By the time I had supper cooked and Anna and I had finished eating C and M arrived back from the grocery store. By then my back was hurting.

Saturday I cleaned upstairs then went to the post office, gas station, Dollar Tree, and barber shop. C had a birthday lunch to attend. Afterwards she stopped by Trader Joes for the milk she had forgotten. Back home I watched GT come close against Clemson while folding laundry. C cooked chicken and broccoli and rice for dinner, then M and A went to a concert. C went to Target and AT&T to get a new phone. When she returned we watched The Middle and the Reece Witherspoon movie “Just Like Heaven.” I don’t recommend it. Then we watched a good Golf Channel interview of Jack Nicklaus.

Didn’t do much on Sunday. Took M to church and a thrift store. Later I caught up on the computer. A went to Grace Midtown and C went to hear Nancy’s daughter give her testimony. After church C and M ate at Shake Shack. They were out of buns so C got a gift card for two free burgers. I did the dishes and watched the Jesus special on CNN. They didn’t mention the reliability (or lack thereof) of carbon dating methods. People take these “scientific methods” as fact when actually those are mere estimates with wide swings of either side.

Monday night M helped cook dinner – enchiladas like in a restaurant. Ceil fixes plain chicken to combine with beans and rice and cheese, but Matthew’s recipe had the peppers and tomatos. Looking forward to the leftovers.

Tuesday my sidekick was out sick so it was even busier for me. Left work at 545 and bought a Jimmy Carter bobblehead and got Will some neat-o Tiger Woods golf shoes. Really high tech. Then I picked up M at the Avalon. Ceil cooked some sort of steak that was really tough and chewy. I had that and lettuce and tomato. Ceil was entertaining us all at the table. She watched HGTV so I got on the computer. I had seen GT losing by 20 with 9 minutes to go. Young Jere had small group Tuesday night and also couldn’t attend the game. I saw where Drew and Nancy Kelly went to the game. Might’ve had the Goldsmith seats. Heard traffic was bad as usual. Both GT and the Hawks were at home and Wicked at the Fox. Probably other stuff as well.

Wednesday morning M woke up with the pink eye. C had commitments at school. I knew my co-worker was still sick but I took M to the pediatrician. It had been a long time since I had been there – probably 9 years. Same doctors we’ve been going to for 21 years, including Susan Harrell, who went to GT with me. The little kids were cute. Then Chickfila and Kroger for the prescription. Got to work at 1045 and took all do just to catch up. I felt poorly  – scratchy throat, achy joints, slight cough, like I was coming down with something. Since I didn’t get to work I stayed until 620. C and A had art and I was hungry so when I was cutting through a parking lot I stopped at Wendys drive through. At home I tried to rest and went to bed at 10 pm. C had cooked chili so there will be leftovers. Took some drugs this morning.

Co-worker returned Thursday morning but is coughing. Tonight we have a parent’s meeting at M’s school.

Thursday morning on Facebook Buck Belue posted a TBT photo of him in an Expos uniform with his old UGA teammate Peyton Mosher in a Dodgers uni. Peyton was youth director at Second-Ponce de Leon back in the early 90’s and is now an administrator at Kings Ridge Christian School. On a semi-related note Lang’s sister no longer attends Johnson Ferry Baptist, where he and her two sets of twins had been featured in promotional videos. Now they’re attending Fellowship Bible Church on Crossville Road in Roswell, much closer to their house. I’ve heard good things about their school as well.    

Had the Braves won their first game I was going to tweet that all the naysayers were wrong. Should’ve tweeted that I guess they were right. Eric Young Jr is getting a lot of press. Sounds like he can play a bunch of positions and is fast but really isn’t really a potent hitter. Had a long chat with The Chief yesterday at Kroger. He had watched UGA/KY and the Hawks & Houston. He can talk and talk then get sidetracked on something, and the conversation is pretty much over. I’ve learned to let him be.

Credit shared the same floor as my department. After the head of our Norcross credit department recently retired the Little Rock credit manager was put in charge of both departments. Now they’re consolidating both departments in LR so at least eight people could be out of jobs if they can’t move to Arkansas.

C wants to see Wicked but we’re kinda tapped out after her back to back weekend trips and her new iPhone6 and M’s retreat this weekend. Anna will have prom, graduation, and UGA. Not to mention Will’s rent and M’s tuition. All these things can really add up. Will is on spring break next week, then MC the week after that. All the women might go wedding dress shopping soon. Ceil’s mom might come down for a visit.

No comments: