Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Day Game after Night Game

Hadn’t followed much baseball all spring but am finally warming up to the idea. No customers ever ask for tickets to the exhibition games, so I am tasked with taking coworkers. Perhaps more tickets will be available this season.
 
Monday: as usual I ate too much. My lunchtime focus group near Perimeter Mall went well. On the way back I detoured to get a deal at Wendys but of course the line was too long. At the last second I pulled into to the Taco Bell next door.
 
Left work just after five and met up with coworkers John and Zack at 5:50. Made it into the stadium in time to see the Reds taking batting practice. Sat out in the rain during the top of the first, but after that the sky cleared. Was chilly from being wet.

Got the same double cheeseburger and curly fries I had enjoyed last year. The fries were good but the burger was dry – particularly the bun. The Braves took out the easy pump ketchup and mustard and replaced them with the little packets. Hard to balance the little plate on your lap while using both hands to fiddle with the ketchup, so I passed. The Burger would’ve been better with the ketchup.
 
Coworker Josh joined us before first pitch. Also spoke to usher Walter Banks and Miss Marion, Norman and his sidekick, the young kid who’s at every game, and the teacher from Gainesville. Saw my writer/lawyer friend but couldn’t get over to say hello.
 
The Braves batted around in the third, scoring five runs. Jonny Venters came in to pitch the fifth and got shelled – deep line drive after deep line drive to right center. Triple, double, home run. Fortunately Yasiel Puig got himself thrown out going first to third with two out, by not sliding. New third baseman Josh Donaldson doesn’t get cheated at the plate. He hit a couple of screaming line drives. If he stays healthy the meat of the lineup (Donaldson, Freeman, Acuna) will be every bit as fearsome as the Phillies’ Hoskins, Harper, Realmuto.
 
Stopped for gas on the way home. Stayed up late editing the pictures I’d taken. Got a good one of Donaldson putting the bat on the ball. Lucky he didn’t plug me in the head.  
No one was using the tickets to today’s day game. Since we’re supposed to be cutting back on overtime I took a long lunch. Hauled butt over to SunTrust Park. Said hello to Miss Marion at the Third Base Gate.
Watched the Braves bat in the bottom of the first.
Shopped in the team store, and got my designated driver coke.
Walked back to my car and came back to work. Was gone from 12:18 to 2:28. Hear they won on a walk off grand slam.

Bought a dark blue Braves golf shirt. Passed on a nice Milwaukee Braves cap, and a Braves stocking cap (since I have yet to wear the Hawks stocking cap I got for Christmas).
Posed with legendary usher Walter Banks and Blooper.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: