Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Classic Atlanta Restaurants

Classic Atlanta restaurants, per www.AtlantaEater.com – some I have never heard of. I’ve only been to six of those 22 restaurants: Canoe, Ray’s on the River, Zesto, the Colonnade, the Majestic Diner, and Manuel’s Tavern.

Ray’s on the River Powers Ferry
Marisqueria El Veneno Buford Hwy Doraville
Horseradish Grill Powers Ferry
Canoe Paces Ferry
Bone’s Piedmont Road
Zesto Piedmont Road
Nino’s Italian Restaurant Cheshire Bridge
The Colonnade Cheshire Bridge
Nakato Cheshire Bridge
The Silver Skillet 14th Street
Highland Tap on North Highland
Atkins Park Restaurant & Bar North Highland
Eats on Ponce de Leon
Majestic Diner Ponce de Leon
Mary Mac’s Tea Room Ponce de Leon
Manuel’s Tavern on North Highland
The Busy Bee Café on MLK
Trader Vic’s on Courtland Street
Hsu’s Gormet in Peachtree Center
Paschal’s Northside Drive
Nick’s Food to Go on MLK
Lunch on Main Street College Park

My last few days have been super busy. After work Thursday I had a focus group about pest control. Afterwards I bought a V-neck sweater. C had a banquet so I beat her home.

Took off on Friday, trying to use up some vacation days. Hard to schedule them with co-workers doing the same thing. Cleaned upstairs, did laundry and dishes, cut the grass and raked leaves. Was worn out by the end of the day – walked six miles / over 12000 steps.

Friday night: Sunday School Christmas party. Carpooled with Rob & Nancy and Reid & Noelle, which was fun. Big crowd, about 50 or so. Three hams plus meatballs, eggrolls, salads, brownies, pumpkin pie.

Saturday morning small group at the Chickfila Dwarf House breakfast buffet. Sat down and started talking to the young family at the next table. The dad had on an orange Clemson shirt so I asked if they were going to the game. I had seen the wife was blonde, but I try to not look at pretty young blondes very much. As we got up to go to the buffet the blonde asked “Aren’t you Dave Murphy?” It was Kathryn Giraldeau! Very cute kids. I ate plenty of scrambled eggs and bacon, potatoes and six small Chickfila chicken breasts. Rob skipped the eggs and potatoes but ate eight chicken breasts. There was also grits, biscuits, gravy, sausage, and baked apples.

Came home and watched football: ESPN College GameDay, OK/Baylor, and the first half of GA/LSU. After the big breakfast I didn’t eat until our dinner at the Chos. Total of five couples, including Reid from Friday night and Rob from both Friday night and Saturday AM. Cindy Cho cooked another authentic Korean dish of rice bowls with beef and vegetables. Also soup and chocolate cake. Preston Cho had recently returned from a mission trip to Malaysia with two MLB players, about setting up a Malaysia national baseball team with hopes of making the Olympics. For some reason I wasn’t feeling too good (ate too much) so when we went home I skipped the second half of Wisconsin/Ohio State and Clemson/Virginia and went to bed.

Drove to Macon Sunday morning. Stopped off on the way and bought a nice pair of Nikes. Lunch from a local place in Macon: Jeaneens: meatloaf, sweet potato, potato salad. That’s all I ate all day. Went to the 5 pm service with my dad – sermon notes to follow. Got back home at 8:30. Ceil was watching Hallmark Channel movies. Usually when I’m in Macon I stop by CookOut for their milkshake of the month. Skipped it yesterday.

Monday: left work around 530. Went to the Y and walked/ran 4 miles in an hour. Pretty good pace. Set the elevation so I also climbed 135 feet of elevation. Went a little over an hour because ESPN was showing top plays and the best tight ends, including Ditka, Tony Gonzalez, and Gronk. Sore today but plan on hitting the Y again after work today.

Ceil was watching a Nashville Christian music Christmas special. I helped with the dishes and played on my phone. Didn’t get out my laptop. Matthew cooked a British dish – chicken and rice with a spicy sauce. No leftovers from M’s supper. There had been a little but of a black-eyed pea dish. I scraped in leftover chopped onions, which made the dish too oniony. So I added the last bit of Mexican chips and added a sauce, and stirred. Not too appetizing, but I brought it for lunch.

Tuesday: went up to the lunchroom to warm up the lunch. The warehouse was having their Christmas dinner. They made me eat the leftovers: ham, dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, banana pudding. Also a turkey wrap. From Dreamland BBQ. We’ll have the same thing tomorrow for the office.

Left work about 515. Same deal at the Y: 4 miles in slightly over an hour. Listened to my endless Shakespeare book. Had on ESPN and the Golf Channel. Got home around 730. Started to watch a Netflix movie Brittany Runs a Marathon but it wasn’t that good. C came home from The Table and we watched The Neighborhood and Carol’s Second Act. Also a little Speechless. Hawks got outscored 16-0 in overtime.

Wednesday: after lunch I took off for a focus group. Need to get a watch battery, then head up to Cumming for the Hot Stove meeting. Busy day.Later this week: Friday lunch meeting at work, Saturday AM small group breakfast, Saturday night work dinner. I’ll try to eat as little as possible in between. Tuesday’s leftover spaghetti filled me up.

When I was a kid in the 60’s I had to go to a doctor in Lenox Square for my allergies.

You are gonna love this article on cruise ships. They took a 30 year old ship, cut it in half, and added a section in the middle! More passengers, more profit. The renovation will extend the life of the ship another 20 years. Gonna be like a new boat.


Looked up the history of Funko-Pop. Had no idea. I own a few: Kylo Ren from Star Wars, and the Duck Dynasty Wacky Wobblers. Want to buy them?

No comments: