Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Housewarming

Lunch meeting on Friday. Good turkey club panini sandwich. Potato salad. Gave my chips away. Ceil was at the mall shopping so I went to the Y alone. Four miles in a little over an hour. C cooked a late dinner: Chicken and cooked vegetable over rice. Hallmark movie. While C cooked I cleaned and did laundry. 
 
Saturday morning small group at Chickfila Dwarf House in Woodstock. Good discussion. Came home and watched ESPN College GameDay at the Army/Navy game. Charles Barkley was the guest picker. Later I watched a documentary about Garth Brooks. Also Army/Navy. C did some more running around.
 
Dinner at Dominics in downtown Norcross. Italian served family style. Calamari, lasagna, chicken, salad, chocolate mousse, canoli. .Passed on the eggplant and shrimp. A good time. Had 15 in attendance. Didn’t feel well so I went to bed early.
 
Saturday Anna met Christian in Lawrenceville to drink coffee, look a Christmas lights, and hang out. Christian gave Anna a red Mitchell & Ness Dale Murphy BP jersey, nicer than my red knockoff. $150 jersey he found at a thrift store.  
 
Sunday school, then we left for the housewarming at W&MCs. On the way we ate at La Fonda on Howell Mill. C had a huge quesadillia with chicken, green peppers, and onions. I had enchiladas. MC’s mom was running the show at the housewarming. Fancy table and eats. We helped set up. Food (above): ham sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, brownies, cheeses, crackers, cookies, nuts, etc. Talked sneakers with one of Will’s friends.  
 
Got there about 1245 and didn’t leave until after 8 pm. Exhausting but fun. At least forty people came and went. Many from their church, including an assistant pastor and his wife. Also Will’s boss at the hospital. One of the neighborhood kids was there. Not really the type to sit around and chat. He played with the dog for a while. Later he got me to go outside and throw the football with him. Still later Will and Matthew went out and threw the football with him. Then later I went back out with him for another catch. He’s been attending Will’s football game watching parties.
 
Had on the Falcons/49ers but missed the end. Falcons are going to mess around and miss out on a high draft pick. Kicker Younghoe Koo executed another perfect onside kick and the Falcons recovered – but it was called back because the Falcons only had ten men on the field. Got home and went to bed.
 
Left work Monday at 515 after changing for the gym. Drove to the Y and got my usual end treadmill overlooking the rest of the Y, front door, and front desk. Saw two people I knew. Did my 4 miles in just over an hour, trying to go a little faster each time. Home before 730. Turned on Jeopardy. Ceil was cooking chicken, mashed potatoes, and tossed salad. The smoke detector went off. When that happens Barney likes to go out into the garage and get in Ceil’s car. I didn’t open the door to the car because I didn’t want him jumping up there with his broke leg. He stayed in the garage a bit before coming back in.
 
Helped clean up after supper. Had The Neighborhood and Bob+Abeshola on TV, then the crafting show Making It.
 
The Christmas cards had come in the mail so I got to work on them. Addressed about 35 or so and mailed most this morning. A few are on hold (including yours!) because I need to finish my Christmas letter (hopefully today). One tiny typo: like Second-Ponce de Leon Baptist Church, Mary-Clayton’s name has a hyphen. Anna left off the hyphen in MC’s name.  
 
Big news: at 10:30 pm I took out Barney outside to do his business. He was limping so I didn’t make him go over to my car to get something with me. We went inside. C had already gone upstairs. Lately with his hurt leg B has just hopped on his bed or on the couch, but this time he went over to the steps like he was going upstairs. I told him no, so he went into the living room and got on that couch. I was going to block the stairs so he couldn’t come up, but first sat with him awhile before heading upstairs. Then C came downstairs to get something. I went on upstairs and didn’t block the steps. In the middle of the night I woke up and found B sitting on the floor in our room. In the morning I tried to carry him downstairs but he hobbled down by himself. he's limping worse tonight.
W&MC took a quick camping trip to Tennessee this week,
and took Okie to play golf.
 

No comments: