Sunday, April 26, 2020

Attack on Secret Church

Friday: so the Secret Church we were supposed to "attend" on line – normally a church would gather together to follow the Secret Church all together. Last year my Sunday School class gathered in our teacher's basement, about 30 of us. This year everyone had to log on from home, at 7 pm. Some people were able to log in, then get kicked off after a few seconds. We were never able to get logged on. Class members were sending messages. Eventually we learned what happened Secret Church was a victim of a cyber terrorism attack. They were hacked right when it was supposed to start. We'll be able to watch Secret Church replay any time through the end of July. It lasts like six hours.

For more on Secret Church, founded by former SBC International Mission Board chairman David Platt, read my recap of last year's Secret Church
 
New: Anna has a bunch of "subscribers" for some sort of "quarantine diaries" email she's been sending out. I'm trying to stay out of it, though she said I could subscribe. She's moving back to Athens in August.
Thursday night Barney came upstairs again. For the record he didn't come upstairs Friday night, instead sleeping at the bottom of the steps.

Friday night Ceil turned on the movie Troop Zero with Jim Gaffigan and Allison Janney.  Interesting movie.
Saturday morning I met with two members of my small group, in Buddy's backyard. Kept safe distances. Rob brought Chickfila. Since I was out, afterward I stopped by Dollar Tree, Wendys, and Kroger. Wore a mask inside DT and Kroger. Ceil went to Lowes, and took Barney.

Sold another pair of sneakers on eBay. Used the proceeds of my eBay sales to buy Ceil a new pair of sneakers. Forgot to tell you – I've recently won two different prizes. I usually don't tell people but I know you like to know. Won a FitBit step tracker, and a $50.00 Walmart gift card.

Continued work on my list of all the games and events we've attended in our lives. Click on the link or on the GAMES tab above. Up to 2016 now.

Sunday afternoon I watched a classic movie: Romancing the Stone, with Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, and Danny DeVito. Hilarious, especially the "Write us out of this one, Joan Wilder" scene. Funny how everyone in backcountry Columbia speaks English.
For most of the 200 work emails I get a day (judging by how many are in my deleted folder at the end of the day) I am just copied on. I try to make sure they show as "read" before deleting them. Some are auto emails that go straight to the deleted folder that I never see. While I'm on vacation when I have a spare minute I'll check my emails just so they don't pile up. Rarely check work my email on the weekend. I use a yahoo email for my bad habit of entering contests, and I get 100 emails there as well. Try to delete them or unsubscribe when I can.  We use texts a little for work (slightly more this last month) but not much. No Zoom calls, just regular old conference calls. I need to text family more.
 
Ceil's phone is always dinging with a notification. I keep my phone on silent (a must working in an office) but what's killing me is all the WhatsApp notifications that buzz on my Apple Watch, from my Sunday School class. Gotta turn those off. Hadn't yet because one group is my small group. But like you said, I oftentimes look at my phone so I'd see it eventually. No notifications from FB, Twitter, or Instagram either.

No comments: