Saturday, April 18, 2020

Decks and Bees

 Update on W&MC's deck.
Paula Shaw recently dug out some old pictures.
Here's Billy, Jim, and me back in 1986. 
 My coworker had to get a hive removed from his house.


Nominated Barney for East Cobber Pet of the Month.
Here's his beauty shot.
Above: Dandy Don Meredith without a chinstrap. For some reason I thought those early Cowboy unis only had a single helmet stripe. Might require an investigation.

Below: Randy Johnson often went without a chinstrap as well, but not here in the 1968 preseason. Note the banded sleeves, which now I realize are the same jerseys I had posted a couple of days ago. In that earlier photo some players had cut off the striped band.
 I knew where to look to find pictures of the Falcons similar black jerseys.


Above: love these old Milwaukee Braves jerseys from 62-63, with the huge names on back with smaller numbers. And the striped stirrups.

 Pete Maravich tossing a towel behind his back.
Was looking at this photo of the Braves stadium and realized it showed how close my company's parking space (top left corner) to the Left Field Gate (under the red Coca Cola sign) and to the seats (first section past the third base dugout).
Another photo showing the office building next to the parking lot,
and the gate under the Coca-Cola sign above left field.

No comments: