Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Happy Birthday Sidd Finch

Working from home day 3: gotta find a more comfortable chair. Had to bundle up because it’s so cold. So cold I’ve got on my gloves with the fingertips cut off. I had to drive over to the office this afternoon to pick up a few things.

Tuesday: calls, emails, arranging shipments, entering orders. Also month end stuff. Fixed two quesadillas for brunch. C deep cleaned upstairs. M practiced his drums and worked 5 pm – midnight on physical inventory. Ceil cooked spaghetti (her favorite) and broccoli. Did the dishes and rented Emma. Wasn’t Ceil’s favorite (mine either). Later I went to bed. C got interested in another movie and stayed up past 12:30 am.

With everything going on it felt like I struggled to sleep, but I can’t complain with my results: over 7 hours of sleep with 5:20 of quality sleep, and 2:20 of deep sleep. Also this morning a new low weight. I have no idea why – must be the stress.
 
It took me forever to switch to on line banking, and I like it a lot. Haven’t switched to banking on my phone yet. That would really be handy when I had a check to deposit.
 
There are rumors that Tiger Woods and Phil Michelson will play another skins match, to give fans some live sports to watch.

Joel C Rosenberg: As the global coronavirus pandemic worsens, and fear and confusion grow, I'm being asked…what the Bible teaches on the subject of pestilence and plagues, and whether they factor at all into future prophecy…Now, my colleagues at The Joshua Fund and I have published a 12-page fact sheet. Please feel free to quote and share the link and information with others.
·         The fact sheet is available on The Joshua Fund website by clicking here.
·         You can directly download the PDF document (for free) by clicking here. 
 
LOU BOUDREAU [SABR Bio], of the Fighting Illini alumni, was the last player-manager to lead his team to a World Series championship - CLE WS champs in 1948. He had attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he was captain of both the basketball and baseball teams. The year he was the league’s MVP, he drove in more than 100 runs while striking out fewer than ten times - MVP in 1948 w/92% of the 1st-place votes. His combination of 100 RBI with fewer than 10 strikeouts in a season puts him in extremely exclusive company in the Modern Era. Three times he had exactly 45 doubles in a season. Two of those led the majors; the third on just led his league - 45 2B in 1941, 1944 & 1947, topping the majors in ’41 & ’47 and leading the AL in ’44. In 1940, his 1st full season, he hit 46. The one year he hit more than 45 doubles, he only led his own team and not by that much.

No comments: