Monday, April 24, 2023

Co-Worker Jonathan

The first time I met Jonathan was at the open house in 2013. We were both assigned the same station, driving customers on stretch golf carts from the blue building on to the gold building. Jonathan was a new fab rep, stationed over at North Berkeley. Over the next few years I would work with Jonathan on a few work order projects. I remember once telling Doug, his boss, what a good employee that Jonathan was. Doug thanked me, and agreed. Later I wondered if that was a good thing to tell Doug. He might’ve been tired of getting such compliments.

I began noticing a bright orange Dodge Charger in the parking lot, and wondered who in the world would drive such an outlandish vehicle. Man was I jealous. In his old age Jonathan has matriculated to the most battleship grey Dodge 300. I am still jealous.

Jonathan did such a good job that he was tasked with quoting new parts, after longtime fab rep Randy Michalski moved to Florida. Jonathan worked tirelessly to improve parts we were losing money on.

Jonathan did such a good job quoting new parts that he was also tasked with replacing longtime outside sales rep Steve Morgan. Jonathan would make sure the right thing was being done.

Jonathan likes his vests. He must have one for every day of the week. Before Jonathan came along I was never a vest guy, but now I’ve broken down and started wearing vests. Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad.

I like how Jonathan likes to eat. He knows where the best donut shops are. He introduced me to the Whiskey Bar in downtown Augusta, a place I have returned to again and again. But Jonathan likes spicy. He likes pho. One time he took me to eat pho. One time. I’m more of a BBQ or burger type guy.

Jonathan has been key in molding the Sales Team into the group of high performing all-stars we have today – while still keeping me on the team as well. Jonathan helped lobby to bring in Rodney to his position. Jonathan’s influence helped move the team downstairs to where Shane and Eric could better know what’s going on.

The most complicated excel spreadsheet I’ve ever seen is our customer’s pricing spreadsheet. Scores or rows and columns and tabs all linked together. I am amazed at how Jonathan learned how the pricing spreadsheet works, and working to improve it to make sure all costs are covered.

For me, a mere foot soldier trying to solve the day to day “opportunities” presented by our customer, it’s encouraging to know my fellow soldiers and sergeants, corporals, and generals not only stand behind me, but right beside me – working even harder and putting in more hours than me, while doing good quality work.

Usually I try to make these anniversary things funny. Jonathan is a fun guy to hand around with and we’ve had some good times. But what stands out to me is that Jonathan is a machine. Fearless. Hard-working. Unafraid. Smart. Often with a dip in his cheek. I’m glad I’m on his team.

Jonathan knows how to deal with customers and vendors in a professional manner. His work ethic is a great example for younger (and older) employees. Jonathan can be all business when he needs to. But what I always like about Jonathan is that when Jonathan answers his phone, you can tell right away whether he is on the road or working from home – by whether or not you hear the chickens in the background.

Happy anniversary Jonathan. Let’s knock out another ten years!

DENISON: I would think more people would connect the cultural dots: in the years since our society decided that all truth is “your truth,” the values of patriotism, religion, and community involvement have plummeted. Meanwhile, the percentage of Americans who say they are “not too happy” has more than doubled, while the percentage who say they are “very happy” has fallen by more than half to a mere 12%, by far the lowest percentage in the 50 years the poll has been conducted. When asked about their values, “very happy” Americans cite belief in marriage and community involvement. And 68% point to belief in God (contrasted with 42% who say they are “not happy”).

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/transgender-club-enduring-strength-of-san-francisco/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Transgender+club+typifies+%22the+enduring+strength+of+San+Francisco%22&utm_campaign=04-24-23+Transgender+club+typifies+%22the+enduring+strength+of+San+Francisco%22

ARTICLE: the administration has enacted a new rule that will redistribute high-risk loan costs to homeowners with good credit.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-rule-redistribute-high-risk-loan-costs-homeowners-good-credit__;!!AE29DT8V!Q0myPdtzq6bkEzrKEdixBmAQhaTT17d5y5R6t7HFNLdB2LFbjzLo1zlCvOavGw7eV5UXElp1ZGCDXFxNRKQ$

TOM SEAVER [SABR Bio] had the highest HOF balloting percentage for many years when he passed Ty Cobb with his 98.84% of the vote in 1992. Ken Griffey passed Seaver 24 years later with a vote of 99.32%. The only members now ahead of Griffey are Mariano Rivera at 100% and Derek Jeter at 99.74%. Seaver was the first player ever honored by Baseball Digest magazine as its Player of the Year, in 1969. He was the first player ever to win the Cy Young Award without having won at least twenty games the year he won it, in 1973 when his record was 19-10. He had won the award in 1969 and would win it again in 1975.

No comments: