Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thankfulness

The past couple of days the song on my heart as I’ve been leaving home in the morning has been the Veggie Tales Thankfulness Song, sung by young Junior Asparagus. I couldn’t remember all the words, so I looked them up:

I thank God for this day

For the sun in the sky

For my mom and my dad

For my piece of apple pie!

For our home on the ground

For His love that's all around

That's why I say thanks every day!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!

I'm glad for what I have

That's an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares

'Cause He listens to my prayers

That's why I say thanks every day!

I thank God for this day

For some time to play outside

For the birds in the trees

For His love that's deep and wide

For the air that I breath

For my friends and family

That's why I say thanks every day

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!

I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares as He listens to my prayers

That's why I say thanks every day!

I thank God for this night

for the stars in the sky

For the hug from my mom

for my special lullaby

For the chance for some rest

For the wings that I am blessed

That's why we say thanks everyday

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!

I'm glad for what I have,

that's an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares

as He listens to my prayers

That's why we say thanks everyday!

That's why we say thanks everyday!

Man seems like the whole world wants the Lakers to win. I watched the 4th quarter last night, then the first quarter of the Nuggets game.

I’m seeing photos of Dock and his sisters in NYC. They are staying busy. Charles Stanley passed away this week. Also Bruce Wood, brother of my high school friend Chuck.

Wednesday was a 13000 step day. Ran 3 miles in the AM. Worked til 5:30. Bad traffic going home. Had to get gas for the mower, then mow the yard. Time for supper when I finished – C had fixed Mexican. M ate with us. Didn’t finish the dishes until 8:45. Also took out the trash and the dog. Had the game on while I was working on my speech for today’s National High Five Day celebration.

Up early this AM to lift weights. At work we watched the successful blastoff of the SpaceX rocket, though a few minutes into the test flight they had to blow it up due to a malfunction. Supposedly just getting the rocket to lift off and fly for over two minutes without a problem was a success. It lifted off from Texas and flew out over the Gulf of Mexico. Wonder if the rocket could be seen from Destin?

Article: why we need to talk about satan.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stream.org/why-we-need-to-talk-about-satan/__;!!AE29DT8V!Wntyd2_5YFm7XFchVsZlKGU55FNTCkbb5_-1I6GHgzqGXIlyBdfqfl79ZtIhxOlMbYA992uxWBztZBXdEdI$ 

Sudden SAM McDOWELL   [SABR Bio] is tied with Otto Hess for most wild pitches thrown in a season. McDowell and Hess each threw 18, Sam for the Indians in 1967, Hess for the Naps in 1905. McDowell led baseball in strikeouts three straight seasons, from 1968-1970. In November, 1971, McDowell was traded from Cleveland to the Giants for Gaylord Perry and Frank Duffy

No comments: