Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve

No Sunday School, but JFBC Is having four Christmas Eve services. We worshipped at the 10 am service. Heather Swilley and her two daughters led the singing. Her husband gave the announcements. Great service mostly aimed at the once a year church goers, though they might've laid on the guilt trip just a little too heavy.

More chauffeuring Ceil afterwards, to Publix, Whole Foods, and to drop off something to her friend Noelle's house. I'm supposed to help wrap presents while watching the Falcons.

I understand the odds just a little, but no way the Falcons should be favored. Perhaps because they benched QB Ritter.

Anna & Caleb worshipped at Passion Cumberland's 4 pm service, with the Schaefers.

It wasn't a Christmas theme, but the verse on my mind today was I Corinthians 13:1-2:"If I speak human or angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing."

Cars most likely to still be running after 200,000 miles.

No comments: