Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Martin Cash & Kristofferson

The time Steve Martin “sang” with Johnny Cash and kris Kristofferson, on the 1978 Johnny Cash TV Special. Martin also performed a magic trick on the show. 

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://americasbestpics.com/video/johnny-cash-steve-martin-kris-kristofferson-the-homestead-on-the-BQGeACg3B__;!!AE29DT8V!SBoDxEFCkxNtqOjO5nLnoepjVXJjc3uhtUsXeXh8ikxFEDd5_zH_HneGqDcPJhpaLsLLy40DyK4s2PUUa7M$

Plenty to do at work for year end. Since I was late to work yesterday, I didn’t stick around too late, but it was almost 530 when I left.

Monday: talked C into going to Pappasitos for chicken fajitas. Very crowded. They never seem to have enough waiters. Service slow, but once we ordered it didn’t take long for the fajitas to arrive. Their soda taps were out, so the waiter brought me a glass of Diet Coke, plus a spare can.

We were almost home when I realized C’s car needed gas, so I had to go back out in the cold. Then when I got to the station the pumps were all shut down, so I had to drive further to another RaceTrac. C was watching the Manningcast. I was too tired to drag out my laptop, so I went to bed.

Tuesday: finally made it back to the gym, to lift weights. C took Shivonne to a performance at the Alliance Theater, then next door to the High Museum.

Tuesday evening I worked until almost 7 pm. Not much traffic heading home. Beat C home. C had stopped to pick up Taqueria on the way home. I ate the leftovers from Pappasitos. C watched the finale of The Voice, but we went to bed before they announced the winner at 11 pm. The guy won. Guess people voting for the girls split their votes between the four female finalists.

During the football season Lang published SEC power rankings, ranking the teams from best to worst. Now he’s ranking the SEC basketball team, so I am getting an education.

A good poem from John Ed. I have to remind myself to not judge others so much. I have confidence that I will go to heaven when I die, but I don’t take it for granted.

I was shocked, confused, bewildered as I entered Heaven’s door, not by the beauty of it all, not by the lights or décor. But it was the folks in Heaven who made me sputter and gasp, the thieves, the liars, the simmers, the alcoholics, the trash. There stood the kid from the seventh grade who swiped my lunch money twice. Next to him was my old neighbor who never said anything nice. Uncle Bill, who I always thought was rotting away in hell, was sitting pretty on cloud nine, looking incredibly well. I nudged Jesus, “What’s the deal? I would love to hear Your take. How’d all these sinners get up here? God must have made a mistake. And why’s everyone so quiet, so somber? Give me a clue.” “Hush, child,” Jesus said. “They’re in shock . . . No one thought they’d see you . . .

Did I mention that after getting sick last Thursday, Joel Norman had to spend the night in the hospital?

The state of New York is introducing legislation to require certain roadside Chickfilas to open on Sunday. The Atlanta-based company could simply shutter the stores.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/2023/12/18/new-bill-would-require-chick-fil-a-be-open-sundays/__;!!AE29DT8V!Qbc5MGfee-Smy0fN7Acv96d5Z5VtQfdJVe93KGCr4HDf2uqr5VdV_qOkgg7_uH0tSFQqQK0Q2B09Cfqw3Zc$ 

Denison on Colorado barring the current US President’s top opponent from the 2024 election ballot: an explanation of the facts, with three Biblical responses:

1. Reaffirm our commitment to objective truth as conveyed most fully in God’s Word.

2. Respond to this issue in ways that honor God.

3. Pray for our nation, her people, and it’s leaders.

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/colorado-supreme-court-bars-former-president-trump-from-2024-ballot/#readmore 

VADA PINSON [SABR Bio] had 34 strikeouts vs. Koufax, the most be any one batter. The others who went down 30 or more times against Koufax are Wally Post (32) & Ernie Banks (31). Pinson is the first player in the majors to have played Babe Ruth League baseball. The Babe Ruth League Official Magazine of 1965 lists him as an alum. MLB all-stars Ernie Lombardi, Frank Robinson and Curt Flood also attended McClymonds HS in Oakland, California. A Gold Glove winner and 4-time All-Star had 200 or more hits in a season four times. Ten times his hit total exceeded 150. Pinson stats here.

No comments: