Saturday, March 23, 2024

Nothing More Than Feelings

My quality of life sucks right now. I am so busy, and have so much to do, that I’m not able to do anything well. I rush from one fire drill to another, doing the bare minimum on everything. I’m not getting everything done. My job is wearing me out. It’s starting to affect my health. Usually things like this don’t bother me. I’m just not seeing an end to all this work. 

People say I’m not happy, as if I am the problem. I’m not the only one struggling. Yet when something goes wrong with our customer because something wasn’t done, people act surprised and ask what went wrong.

I can’t work long hours and 7 days week after week. Next week I have to work on month end. The week after that three team embers are on vacation. In late April Ceil is gone for 2 weeks, so I can’t work long hours at the office because of my dog. I’m taking a week off in late May. I’m not going to feel guilty about having a life outside of work.

Boss wants me to explain these impossible reports to him on Monday, which is good. I turned on my out of office, and decided to not answer emails or phone calls yesterday. If someone wants to talk to me they know where I sit. The people asking me to report back have no idea the info they sent me is incorrect. Not that I know how to do my job on SAP.

Getting enough basketball? Is your bracket busted? We watched Oakland beat Kentucky.

Thursday: worked past 630. Not a good day. After having Dreamland BBQ for lunch, Ceil fixed BBQ for supper. Also French fries and salad.

Friday: skipped the gym due to my aching hip, which is just a little better. Had the games on at the office again. There’s a recent UAB grad with his Blazers shirt on.

BOB HORNER [Wiki Bio] played the corner: 330 games at first and 684 games at third. Horner finished his career in the majors with one season in STL after 9 seasons in Atlanta. He is the only Modern Era player to hit four home runs in a game his team lost. On 06-Jul-1986 in Atlanta, Horner homered 4 times, but the Expos homered three times and won 11-8. Montreal journeyman Al Newman hit his only career home run in that same game. Ed Delahanty homered 4 times in a loss before the Modern Era. Horner was the first Sun Devil to top 25 home runs in a season, more than Reggie Jackson and Barry Bonds.

No comments: