Monday, February 09, 2009

Friday Fun

During the Friday road game I was seated center court, at the end of a line of Flight parents. But to my right was a rival, vocal dad. Besides hollering at the refs, who were already calling a one-sided game, he made the remark about Connor being a hot dog…even using the SHXX word. His wife hushed him, and he chuckled a bit. Connor came out and sank two straight threes, so there no more remarks about him.

Late in the tight game, Kevin’s dad leaned over and whispered that I needed to remind this dad his son’s varsity team was being beaten by a mere home-school JV squad. Just before a foul shot things got quiet, so I hollered out “Come on, JAY-VEES!”

With DJ (& his coach/dad) absent, and Connor and Isaac hot, the assistant had Will run the point. Still needs to learn better return passing angles.

Last week, Kevin’s dad and I were standing under the basket when a rival player camped out in the lane. We started counting the seconds and reached 15 before the ball was turned over. I said we counted so high, the refs didn’t realize what were doing.

No comments: