Monday, February 02, 2009

Gomer

When we move over to the corporate building, I am excited about sitting next to Brad, a longtime employee who’ll be doing the same thing I’m doing (he works on the bus account, as opposed to golf cars). Brad is always positive and smiling, a good Christian example. I never dress up for Halloween, but often Brad will come as an Andy Griffin Show character, his favorite show.

Took a “which Andy Griffith character are you?” quiz. I am Gomer!

People in our small Norcross IT department were laid off today. Most of the functions have been moved up to Chicago. I’ve worked closely with those folk for over 15 years, so that’s unfortunate. One friend there has a wife that works at Delta headquarters…they have two school age kids. Another has a boy Will’s age, playing baseball at a high school in Jackson County. They were the only survivors.

When you go to Target optical, note the photo of the grey-haired cool dude in mossimo glasses. Those are the frames I got, except pewter instead of black. Pewter is nice, but the black ones may have looked better.

I nicknamed one of Will’s teammates “Cornbread” for his running, one-handed shots. His dad remembered the former Celtic Maxwell.

Will is going to the Joel/Andrew/Kyle concert, then spending the night at the Normans. He might have baseball Sunday, and maybe we’ll throw Saturday. Anna also has a sleepover. Small group tonight. No basketball games until Tuesday, I think.

Think they’ll sign Ohman? Like DOB said, perhaps they’re waiting to see what OF they can get. Seems like at some point Ohman could up and sign with someone else…he could be waiting to see if the DBacks bite.

My hips are what’s sore from running, for some reason.

No comments: