Monday, February 23, 2009

too busy for Tech

GT’s PAUL JOHNSON joined SPdL Sunday.

Had a busy weekend. Spent Friday night and all day Sat at basketball games with my teenage son, so the rest of the weekend I needed to catch up on time with my wife and other 2 kids. My wife would’ve enjoyed the game, but then we would’ve had to pawn off our kids. Turned out my wife had a Sunday lunch, so instead of GT/Clemson, I watched “Bolt.”

My younger 2 aren’t sports crazy, but my 15-year old LOVES to go. It’s really fun to take young kids back to campus…everything is bigger than life…Buzz, the band, the crowd, the smells, the cheering, the colors. When they’re older it’s a good bonding / quantity-time experience. Living in Atlanta, I’m a bit more spoiled. It’s nice to sometimes decide at the last minute to take in a GT or Braves game, or have Hawks or Falcons tickets offered to you (still a rare occurrence).

Hopefully you’re finding out that seeing your own child play a sport, perform a school play, play an instrument, or dance a recital is much more fulfilling than even a GT game can be. My oldest is an excellent baseball player…watching him is big fun. Watching my daughter’s ballet is tougher, but still great.

FYI…Having moved to East Cobb just before my daughter was born, when # 3 came along packing up and fighting traffic to Buckhead was overwhelming, so we changed churches.

No comments: