Monday, February 09, 2009

Seven Good Things

1. Why I shop at thrift stores: Just found a Mitchell & Ness 1978 reproduction of the brown Padres/Winfield jersey, with yellow trim. Got so excited I forgot why I went in. Paid four bucks. Online it’s $375.00.

2. Also found two teacups made by the NC artist that Ceil collects…they were a buck each. At the only studio in town that carries them, they’re $20.00 each.

3. Did a project for my boss’s boss, who hasn’t been working with me for years and years like others have. Turned it in a day early today and got a “good job”…a first from him. Chris also works on EZGo, snd said she got a high five from him today. EZGo’s business continues to slow and worsen.

4. My friend Lee is selling his broke down Kawasaki motorcycle on eBay. Closes Friday. Reserve met, and bids are closing in on $400.00. He is pleased.

5. While on the phone with Ceil, I was pumping gas at Kroger. I had the ten cent discount, so I got gas for 1.559.

6. Hopefully my shoulder is getting stronger. Sunday I threw more BP without pain. Still didn’t cut loose. Discussed my mad plan with John Fulton’s dad, to schedule a bunch of away rec baseball games for Will (and whoever can come that night) to play. He liked the idea.

7. Last week was too cold to run. Last Sunday I ran at the Lassiter stadium? Nice flat artificial field…not crowded, but there were several people there. Football players, soccer players, walkers, etc. I need to run there every time Will has practice. I hate running my hilly neighborhood (until I get in shape).

No comments: