Thursday, January 14, 2010

Busy Day

Busy day today…I went to a quick focus group this morning, came back and went right into a meeting that lasted til noon.

At four I headed to Living Science for the reading of the skit. Some of the kids will have high expectations, since I had put together funny things on the last several retreats. The skit is a big deal…30 minutes or so for four nights. The headmaster hatches the idea and gave it to me. I took that and wrote twelve pages or so. She and her daughter (& my friend Cindy, who’s written every previous skit) took it and liked it. They re-wrote it with more/different ideas, and assigned roles…26 parts. Then I polished up that draft and wrote the last two days, based on their outline.

It’s fun to put the headmasters (husband & wife) into skits, but that’s been done several times. Their daughter & son-in-law are taking bigger teaching roles at the school…they’ve been portrayed in past skits as well. It was my idea to use the grandson instead. But then I had to write in the other three grandchildren. The re-write I got back included the headmasters and daughter/son-in-law. Not my original idea, but the students seemed to like it.

It turned out Joel Norman had the biggest role, but tonight he & Will were swapped. There are several main roles. The previous skits I’d written included Kyle playing superhero Dave Murphy…aka Krypto. Only today did I realize Krypto was not included in the script. .

My dad enjoys doing my taxes so much, but I don’t know how much longer he’ll be around. We won’t even get our W2’s until month end.

No comments: