Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Die It

Tuesday night I worked out for the first time all year. I need to get going! I need to be under 200 by July 4th. If I stick to it, I should be at 195 then.

Thursday I’ve been invited to Will’s school, for the initial reading of the skit. It’s an exciting time for all the kids, seeing it for the first time. They find out what part they’ll play. Will thinks he’s ready for a major role…we’ll see. While I know most of the kids and have my favorites, but my co-producers better know what kind of students/studiers/actors they are…they chose the roles. DJ was the last senior boy without a discussed-about part, so I assigned him the coveted lead villain role. Most of the time I wrote the characters’ lines without thinking about the kid playing them, though I did try to give more lines to good actors. Remember the old Globetrotter confetti in the pail gag? It’s in there.

It is nice to have a run of good games to watch. I read where Whisenhunt went with a bland game plan against the Packers the week before, not showing them what he really had in mind for the Playoff game. He did experiment, showing the Pack several formations he intended to use, just to see how the defense reacted.

Another good article on the two Texas QB’s, and the night they had…how Colt wanted to return, but couldn’t throw the ball seven yards to his father. After that, he cried.

I have been scoring/taking notes on the high school games I go to, using Reid’s running score system, so I can tell which team is running off how many points in a row. I do it for my own enjoyment, and so I can write a game recap if I want. After one game some fans were saying the game was closer than it was, and I was able to verify what the lead was when the starters were pulled.

No comments: