Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More Thrift

Friday I found a “$300.00” Mitchell & Ness 1978 49ers jersey at Goodwill for $4.66, a killer deal. Guess I can wear it for Halloween…it’s OJ Simpson’s jersey. I’ve been looking for bobbleheads at thrift stores, and I found one Saturday during Will’s baseball practice. I agonized, then bought it anyway. Mark Teixeira. Matthew is enjoying the bobbleheads these days. Turned out another baseball dad was also hitting thrift stores during practice. He drives in all the way from Temple GA so his three teen sons can play.

The Ogre took me out for a quick lunch today. We were headed to Fuddruckers but ran into traffic. Chickfila instead. I did good…got a salad.

For years I would tear out the ads from my SI’s…where both sides of a particular page were all ads. Made the SI easier to read, but that lessened whatever “value” the mag had.

I was rooting for Farve. Love a guy who’s having fun out there…kind of like Blanda.

I’ll have to look up the Lobster House…I’m not familiar with it. Ceil heard about The Gourmet Mexican Restaurant at the Taste of Roswell, so we may be going there soon. The Counter’s contest ends Friday…you can win a year’s worth of burgers. Got to enter in person…build your own burger.

No comments: