Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Pile of Sports Illustrated's

Started saving SI’s back in the early-mid 80’s, before I was married. Used to get the “official” SI binders to put them in. Since we moved to East Cobb, they’re packed in boxes under the stairs. No idea what condition they’re in. Now when I’m done reading one, I toss it in a box under my desk. When the box is full (once a year) I take it home. These days they’re not even in order. I keep thinking one day I’ll have a place to put them. By that time I may not want them.

Sometimes I bring home old SI’s (& SPORT magazines) that Ceil’s brother had left at his parent’s house. From these I cut out pictures and tape into my scrapbook calendar. Didn’t bring any back at Christmas.

Ceil enjoyed Carrabbas last Friday, as did I. Went to the one north of Perimeter Mall. Kind of like an Italian PF Changs, a nice chain. Ceil had Salmon. I had a pizza, instead of lasagna. Saturday we had a small group game night.

Sunday I drove Will and Joel, who had spent the night, over to John’s Creek…got there at 6:45 am. I hung around Alpharetta until the 9 am NP service. They went with Kara’s family up to Clemson & Greenville. Kara’s sister’s church was having a 10th anniversary service in the Bi-Lo Arena, combing several satellite churches. Service lasted 3 hours, they said.

Watched the two NFL games, except when I drove back to John’s Creek to pick up the boys. Last night I picked up Will from baseball and took him back to Living Science, around 7 pm. Figured I would stay, to make sure he had a ride home. Didn’t get home til ten, but I had a good time. Got to talk to Mrs. D about the skit. They’re still counting on me to write the powerful, serious ending. Guess I’m doing a good job…she said a parent had already complained! I"M KIDDING!

Matthew had his first guitar lesson today. He’s excited. Last Thursday and Friday he did a better job of getting his lessons done.

What MLB team these days HAS a free-spending owner AND 3 HOF bound pitchers? The Yankees and Red Sox don’t win the WS every year…is that what they want?

No comments: