Monday, January 18, 2010

Readers of This Blog

I’m always amazed that several friends actually read this junk. For this I thank you. As I often say, most of these blog posts are emails I send to friends on a regular basis: Rob and Reid. I post the emails to the blog, almost out of habit. Perhaps one day this blog will provide a timeline of family events, that can be looked back on nostalgically.

Most things I write land here. Some friends use their blog to only publish what I call “creative writing exercises.” I read about a blog when Ceil and I went to NYC. I read that blog, and that blogger’s day-to-day style became a model for what this blog would become. Some Blogspot bloggers appear to spend hours focusing on their blog, posting pictures, etc. Obviously, I do not.

This weekend Don mentioned he often read the blog, and you could tell, based on what he knew about me. I was honored! Here’s a list of the friends who I THINK has read Sac Fly on occasion (in alphabetical order)…

1. Movie morgol Bryan recently reminded me that he was a reader.

2. My wife Ceil checks up on me from time to time.

3. Just learned my longtime friend Don has been following me.

4. Blogger/writer/novelist Kelly has checked it out once or twice.

5. Writer Lang uses it as a way to keep up with me.

6. Life of the party Leah…

7. …and her storyteller husband Mark, MAY be occasional readers.

8. Fellow blogger Missy, who is now a Facebook fanatic.

9. My know-it-all sister Nita uses Sac Fly as an information source.

10. Reid’s hilarious wife Noelle has commented on it this blog a time or two.

11. Baseball dad Paul stumbled onto it after I had mentioned him in a post.

12. Emmy winning music producer Reid.

13. CPA Rob is probably my blog’s most regular reader.

14. His wife Staci may check in from time to time.

15. Just remembered former co-worker James, in Little Rock. Like everyone else, he didn't get a Christmas card this year.

16. Chuck team leader Traci commented on the blog Tuesday night. Did she mean blog or Facebook note? Since she teaches computers, I take it she meant the blog.

17. Welcome twenty-two, a policeman / baseball fan...so he can't be all bad. He's a decent blogger as well.

If I left you out, let me know!

No comments: