Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend With Will

Ceil had a rough Friday, particularly parenting Will, so that afternoon she decided to go SC after all. I had driven the Civic to work, so she came by at 5 pm to swap. I got to introduce her, Anna, & Matthew to several co-workers she hadn’t met. They put the luggage in the Civic before coming in. That night I cleaned out the van a little, and found some of Ceil’s clothes in the back seat. She called late Saturday afternoon just before her party, to see if I’d seen her clothes.

Friday night Will and I went to the Flight basketball game. I sat with Willis Norman. The coach benched the starters the entire second quarter, and the opponent came back to take a one point halftime lead. In the second half Flight couldn’t get ahead, and they only won by one, when DJ hit a fade-away with four seconds left. Will and his friend Spencer watched Pelham 123 while I typed up the game recap.

Will went to the Normans on Saturday while I cleaned upstairs, did laundry, and watched the Cate Blanchett movie “The Gift.” Later we went to the Picture Show to see “Law Abiding Citizen” – much better than I thought it would be.

After church Sunday we drove out to Hiram for a surprise 50th birthday party for Don Head. The Hurts went, as well as Jerry & Marcine. Steve Head brought his cute daughters, age ten and seven. Angela’s parents and brothers were there. Gayle Suggs came out and said some nice things…husband Rob was home sick. Everyone looked well…Don’s distinctive voice had not aged. My memories are fading…I had tried to write a Top Ten List about Don, but could only come up with three stories. While talking to him I remembered other things …different phrases we used to say, etc. A fun time.

This year Ceil, Will, Anna, & I will watch 24.

No comments: