Wednesday, January 06, 2010

What Happened to My Chucks

The Chuck Taylors story…when we went to EC Presbyterian that Sunday after Christmas, I saw Joel Norman and complimented him on his black Chucks. They didn’t look new, and I asked where he got them. He and Will stammered, then said “uh, from you!” They were mine. Then Will had worn them a few times, and decided he didn’t want them…so I took them back. But Joel will wear them much more than me. Joel also wears a pair of New Balance shoes Will didn’t want…AND a pair of Pumas.

Will has been shooting lots of hoops outside in the cold the last few days, and hitting a little off the tee into his net. Sunday night he was chasing the ball down the hill, fell, and almost broke his arm. Last night he was out there for 30 minutes straight, around 11 pm…in his new white cords.

I didn’t have my hopes up about the GT/UGA basketball game, because Hewitt is so bad. Mark Bradley summed it up pretty good. David Norman went to the game. He facebooked “Paul Hewitt - worst coach ever.” I thought he said Paul Johnson, so I asked why. Then someone else pointed out that he said Hewitt…then I agreed.

Iowa was a good team. Their defense stuck to their assignments well. I was hoping Johnson would be able to make halftime adjustments, and he did…but it was too late. Down three points with one minute left, having missed a field goal, and only rushing for 33 first-half yards…that’s not too bad, considering Tech had the weak defense and a QB who can’t pass.

Sports Illustrated picked four key bowls, and got three of them wrong.

Books…I also want to hit them harder, remembering that article about JWBush and his buddy who read all the books. Currently I’m listening to a novel about a radio station in northern Canada, with a DaVinci Code-type book to follow. Just finished a “24” type novel, one of a series that I had read another installment. I do want to take Matthew’s iTouch (or Anna’s first iPod, that Ceil doesn’t use) and download books…that way I can be more selective about what I read.

Air & Space Museum…the one that’s part of the Smithsonian, that was in Night at the Museum 2? I enjoyed seeing that one…especially the older planes, since I was so familiar with the space capsules. Or the museum that’s out by the airport, that has the bigger aircraft? The Kennedy Space Center in Florida had a bunch of rockets, spacesuits, etc.

Walking around DC was fun. We need to get A & M up there…especially since we have those good friends in Fredericksburg.

No comments: