Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life Imitates Seinfeld

We missed the GT win due to a meeting. Will was in the back keeping up with it on his cell.

Friday I’ll take Ceil to Carrabas…we have a gift certificate.

The AJC is taking nominations for Best Mexican. Plenty of people saying Nuevo Laredo Cantina, and a few for Jalisco. Several nominated The Bridge Mexican Gourmet, a place in Roswell I’d never heard of. Perhaps we’ll try it.

Life imitates Seinfeld. Since Dana quit, the long-time temp was put on full-time. A single mom, her drug test turned up positive. If she wants she can pay for a re-test. Turns out the day she took the test, she had eaten lots of poppy-seeds all day long - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hopefully she can return.

A few lines I’d written for the skit were removed, probably because the language was slightly harsh, or not close enough “scientifically” to what was desired. Quite understandable. Mrs. D had suggested the name Farrah, which I used. Funnier than Dara or Tara. Don’t know why that was changed…perhaps because the back-story was also removed. Needless info, but funny. But several changes will be funny and pertinent. Couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of one of them.

Hopefully I can help more on the skit on the Leader Retreat. I’ll be in another skit then, one I’m not writing. Hope it’s good!

No comments: