Thursday, January 21, 2010

Calm Before the Storm

On the “Rowland’s Office” website the say seven positions should show improvement in 2010 over 2009…yet they’re always ragging about how bad things are.

My customer has been down since mid-December, and today is when they start back. The whole time I’ve been slowly plodding, catching up, cleaning up my desk. Down to one email in my in box. I was filing a stack of paperwork I accumulated (threw most of it away) and found several old Sports Illustrateds I have yet to read. I thought some might be there, but I’m closer than ever to catching up.

Soon I’ll move desks, from the corner with a window to the inside corner of the L…smack dap in the middle of the room. Great. From the best location to, well, I won’t say it’s the worst desk…but close.

Small group tonight. Today I printed out the Carrabbas menu, to see what I might order tomorrow night. Wrote another scene for near the end of the skit, where the whole skit turns out to be a dream…like on Dallas, or the Newhart ending. Had me laughing at myself.

Anna (& Matthew) went to their first middle-school basketball game today, to see a friend/classmate play.

No comments: