Thursday, August 04, 2011

Attaboy

Tuesday afternoon my customer was shut down for ten minutes due to a late delivery from one of our suppliers. This is a big deal. The Ogre had me relay information to our quality/continuous improvement department, so they could investigate the supplier. The rest of the day I was the one being questioned, as the quality guys gathered data.

Naturally our VP was scheduled to visit Augusta the next morning, accompanied by the fab manager, outside salesman, and the two quality guys. Murphy’s Law. Our on-site manager was told the shutdown may have not completely been the supplier’s fault. I tensed, sensing blame shifting my way.

When I arrived at work this morning (having already resolved one early crisis on the phone), the Ogre came up and whispered in my ear. Yesterday the customer had said good things about me. Later the VP told me the same thing. Nice.

No comments: