Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Hunger Games

I’m always getting hungry. I eat breakfast on the way to work (6:30-7). By 11:30 am I am famished. Trying to eat mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks (oatmeal and grapefruit). But by the time I get home (6 pm) I’m hungry again. Ceil eats lunch between one and two, and often serves dinner after seven.

Anna had her first class Tuesday, and also some school function Wednesday. I think both Matthew and Will start next week.

Went home Tuesday and took C and M shopping. Traded baseball gloves at Play It Again Sports, dropped Ceil off at JoAnn Fabrics, and got him some baseball pants at Dicks Sporting Goods. I’m not super crazy about the LONG pants worn by today’s pros, but short baseball pants look dorky on twelve year-olds, and that’s almost all that’s available. Hopeful Matthew will look decent in the pants we got, and not too skinny.

Then M and I went to the nearby field again for more practice. We got a late start, but I pitched him a bucket of balls, hit him a bucket of grounders, and threw him fly balls. In the past he wouldn’t have lasted so long. so he’s improving. I think he sees how well he’s hitting, which will improve once he gets a decent bat. Right now he’s using a little wood bat. Hopefully he’ll stand in there and hit the kids pitches…we’ll see.

So it was well after eight before we got home. Ceil’s homemade lasagna was well worth the wait. She and Anna were watching “What Not to Wear.” I didn’t turn on the game until the bottom of the 11th…perfect timing.

No comments: