Monday, August 01, 2011

Georgia's Most Distinguished Young Woman

Saturday Will and Ceil went to Mary-Clayton’s pageant. Anna ushered. Formerly “America’s Junior Miss”, now known as “Most Distinguished Young Woman”. It was for the state title, AND SHE WON! Now she’ll go to the national pageant. Had I known she was going to win, I certainly would’ve gone.

Will finished camp late Saturday morning and drove Joel’s Jeep straight to the pageant. Didn’t get home until after midnight. He lunched with friends Sunday after the 9 am service, then brought Joel home to get his Jeep. They stayed for 15 minutes, then they went to play volleyball. I went to pick him up at 9:30. They were 20 kids over at the Normans (13 alumni from the Flight basketball team).

Friday night Ceil and I went to Oglethorpe to see an interesting play, “Noises Off”. Review to follow.

Matthew’s Sunday School class went downtown to minister to the homeless on Saturday. I cleaned out the garage. Loaded the van with a bunch of old scrap lumber, and took it to the huge dumpster in the Norman’s driveway. Worked until dark, and I was exhausted.

Sunday I did laundry and dishes ALL day. Caught up on that, but the house is still a mess. Gotta get the van in the shop one day this week. Anna starts bi-weekly cross country practice tomorrow.

This lady I sit next to at work just booked ANOTHER cruise this weekend, for Labor Day (they just took a cruise over July 4). Talking about missing the boat reminded me of Reid’s cruise recap, so I pulled it out...she read the whole thing.

Catherine Norman is returning to Memphis for her third year of teaching inner-city kids.

No comments: