Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Appeal

Currently listening to “The Appeal” on CD. Very good. The reader of all the Grisham books has a Southern accent, which makes it even better. Last week I finished the book on Herschel and his multiple personality disorder. Interesting, though many don’t believe in the disease.

Since I was already listening to one Grisham book during my daily commute, I didn’t want to confuse things by reading a different one at night. So I’m into “One More July”, which was George Plimpton’s conversation with Bill Curry en route to training camp, late in Curry’s career. Good stuff about the Packers, Lombardi, and Shula. It’s a tiny little paperback. If you want to read it next, you can.

Ate at Chipotle Monday night, Ceil’s current favorite Mexican place. Dress like something farm related, and burritos were two bucks. C made a leafy top to M’s purple costume, making him an eggplant. Will dressed as a cow, with a little stuffed pink pig on his stomach to be the udders, C and I were farmers…so I wore a Clemson cap!

Haskell may know who I am, though we’re not even friends on Facebook (I don’t think!). He was at the Tech BSU, but graduated before I got there. He went off to SWBTC, and pastored in Texas for years. Couple years ago he came back to Chattahoochee Baptist Church on Bolton Road. GOOD friends with Fred O Pitts…I think they attended Saturday’s Tech game together.

No comments: