Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Day

Wednesday I drove the van to get tires. Slow day at work...I was able to research GPS units in the afternoon. Filled up with gas just before arriving home.

Thursday I got my crowd out the door just after 10 am, and we drove down to Macon. Dinner with my family, which went well. Only ate one plate, and one dessert. Left at 6 pm and gassed up there in Macon...$3.059. That night I finally watched some football: Texas vs A&M. Found an online deal on a GPS, so I didn't have to go out in the crowd to get one.

Friday night my nephew's team won their playoff game...a 21-20 thriller.

Saturday Will worked in the yard. I helped a little. A & M went with a crowd to ride horses and ATVs, eat hot dogs, and pan for gold. Others showed up to chat...right when the GA/GT game came on. Later we watched some of the VA/VT, NCST/MD, AL/Auburn, SC/Clemson games. There were few football outcomes this weekend that surprised me.

Later we went "geocaching"...using a GPS to track down a marker someone had placed in an interesting spot. We drove down an unused road to an old river bridge, than climbed down to the river to find the marker. When we climbed back I was leaning against the concrete railing, then discovered the rail was loose.

Finished "The Brethren" and started "Heaven is for Real"...Ceil read it on the drive to Macon.

Saw gas for $2.999. C, W, and M went to Passion, then to see MC and her brother sing at the Atlanta History Center. They ate at Chipotle. Anna stayed home to study. I raked leaves, cleaned the kitchen, and filled up the van.

No comments: