Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Catching Up

     M and A seem to like Passion Youth because of the young leaders, mostly in their 20's…some married, some not. Their strength is building relationships. Anna's leader is WSB weatherman David Chandley's daughter. The weekly meetings on Sunday afternoons are NOT huge mega events, but simple Bible Studies and acoustical singing.
     Contrastingly, North Point's Sunday youth program is a huge event, which attracts scores of teenagers (which is great, just not my kids' thing). Flashing lights and loud, amplified music. The Sunday morning small groups are great, but none of my kids like the Sunday afternoon big events.
     It's been busy at work, with a co-worker out from Thursday through Monday, and EZGo is really busy.
     At home we've really been into the Olympics. Watched the Opening Ceremony, and some of the action every day. 
     Caught the Braves when I can. I like the trade, though there are always those who oppose trades. Trading a highly touted minor league pitcher with an arm injury for a hot starter (to replace Jurrigans, who's been ineffective for the past 12 months) and an above-average outfielder (to spell the starters and provide a potent .400 pinch-hitting batting average) seems like a decent deal.
     Last Thursday Ceil went to Will's 4H banquet, where he was honored as a master 4H-er after just one year in the program (a rare feat). Will attended the Georgia Junior Miss pageant both Friday and Saturday, where MC stepped down as last year's queen. Sunday they attended MC's brother's play.
     Thursday night M had his last basketball game. Right before the game he ate two Taco Bell Beefy 5 Layer Burritos. Then only seven boys showed up, and M had to play 20 of the first 25 minutes (he lived). His lead took a large lead, and at the end some teammates were feeding the ball to Matthew so he could shoot. After the game he ate a piece of Mellow Mushroom pizza, that I'd brought home from work.
     Spent time this weekend working on eBay. Some jerseys sell for more than others, but I'm making twice more than I paid on all of them. Saturday morning I had my emissions tested, then I grabbed a chicken Philly cheese at Johnny's Pizza. Saturday night Matthew and I ate at Zaxbys (I had a salad) and attended his basketball ice cream banquet. Ceil and Anna went to Perimeter Mall.
     Down to one dog. Matthew was especially sad to see little Ellie go, so Anna drove me to get Monday Moes burritos. Will finally got his emissions tested, and played in the SPdL softball game.
     Caught the end of the SPdL service on TV Sunday. I missed Dock, but saw Charles Q introducing a new member.

No comments: